Are you a communications professional that enjoys helping people understand and adopt change? If so, we want to hear from you! The Leeward Team is looking for a skilled Change & Communications Specialist to join the organization.
In this role, you will help us to develop an overarching strategic narrative and key messages to increase employee adoption and usage of various new technologies and updates to the client’s system environment that will transform the way we work and collaborate with each other.
You will work with various stakeholders to ensure that our communications efforts are aligned to the change strategy, tailored to the various audiences within our company, and in compliance with our corporate communications and branding standards.
Specifically, the candidate will be required to:
Provide professional advice to client’s IT leadership and Project Management Office teams on how to effectively communicate change, including deployment of new products, technology updates, service disruptions, among others.
Work closely with IT leadership to ensure that change communication efforts are aligned with the overall client’s strategy and in compliance with corporate communications and branding standards.
Key job responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, execute, and monitor specific change communications efforts initiated by Project Managers and Business Process Owners.
- Consistently execute a standard communications methodology to ensure our change communication efforts include targeted audience, behavior desired, relevant content, delivery channels, and evaluation technics.
- Translate complex ideas and messages into communication materials that are easily understood across different levels of the organization.
- Develop new, creative and technology-embracing ways to communicate the value of projects across our stakeholders’ groups.
- Develop strong working relationships across client’s leadership team to gain complete understanding of key activities, gather key priorities, and identify any communications gaps to be addressed.
- Partner with client’s Corporate Affairs to ensure appropriateness of communications, branding, and compliance
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Organizational Development or related field of an accredited university
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 2+ years of experience in corporate communications
- Experience in a change management role in a large organization
- Experience supporting an information technology team
- Highly collaborative and flexible to emerging needs of global internal customers
- Global and diverse perspective
- A creative thinker with the vision to link disparate tools into solution sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint
- Flexible and able to work in a matrix environment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, from start to finish